It’s been a long, math-filled day, y’all.
Because our exams are so close, revision is in full swing at school. What does that mean? That means my math teacher thinks it’s perfectly okay to keep giving us past papers for homework.
I actually appreciate it, it’s a good way to see where you stand with your portion, and most of the time, I even enjoy solving them!
But today, I’ve been doing literally nothing but math since I woke up, and annoying my friend with doubts (aye wassup M1 🐼)
Then, at around 5:30pm, I was like ya know what? It’s about time I took a break from quadratic equations and the cosine rule and whatnot.
So I cleaned off my desk (kind of), put maths out of my mind (sort of), and came to the dining table with my laptop, where I was planning to write this post in peace, basking in all the wonderful sunlight that’s streaming in through the balcony doors.
And of course, my laptop decides it would be a perfect time to hang, and now I am typing this up on my phone, while my laptop is restarting and updating and doing all those laptop-y things.
Anywayyy, today’s post will be the second edition of Songs That Will Never Get Old For Me, a post I published a little over a month ago, in which I talked about all the English tunes (because Bollywood songs will need a whole other post 😉) which, for me, are timeless.
And this is the second edition!
- Help Me Help You (Logan Paul) – Now, I know a LOT of people who hate this song. In fact, one of my closest friends despises it, and hey, to each his own. But I LOVEEEEE this song, and not just because I am a passionate Logangster (u good bro?). Yes, it’s silly and fun, but that’s what I love about it. Not everything has to be Pacific Ocean deep, and this track puts the message across in such a lighthearted fashion, while still making sense, which is more than I can say for a lot of other YouTubers who think putting words together without any tune, sequence, or meaning qualifies as a song. Help Me Help You has a fantastic, addictive tune, superb vocals (Why Don’t We boys!) and a great, funny story! And let’s not forget, Shay Mitchell in the video. Yusssss.
- Hey Soul Sister (Train)
- Little Do You Know (Alex and Sierra)
- Despacito (Luis Fonsi ft. Daddy Yankee)
- Pretty Girl (Maggie Lindemann) – I had never even heard of Maggie Lindemann before I came across this song unintentionally, and now, I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve jammed to it on repeat. Pretty Girl is a very powerful song. It has a very important message, put across in the most addictive tune EVER. I especially love the Cheat Codes remix, and everything that the song stands for. It’s all so true.
- Unfaithful (Rihanna) – This song is another one with a story attached to it. I associate this tune with our family trip to Queensland way back in 2009, and for some reason, it brings back memories of an amazing road trip, just driving through the sunshine with this song playing freakishly often. I relate it to good times, and there’s something so beautiful about it. The tune is almost haunting, you’ll understand once you listen to it, and it has got to be one of my favourite Rihanna numbers ever. The piano is also amazing in this song.
I can’t seem to remember any more at the moment, so that’s all for today.
Do we have any common favourites? Do you have any stories attached to your fave songs like I do?
Please let me know in the comments below, and thanks for reading!
Stay tuned for another Book Review coming up tomorrow 🙂
ThePastryPoet, signing off.