Some people are unfortunate enough to lose their lives in road accidents, or plane crashes. Some might be victimised in terrorist attacks, or be forced to succumb to a terminal illness. Some might just wither away from old age, having lived a full life.
But if this recipe isn’t destroyed or lost soon, my end will be from death by pancakes.
Hahaha hey guys! I’m back 🙂
And don’t let my dramatic opening fool you, this is gonna be just another one of my lighthearted posts 😂.
But I was serious about one thing, these pancakes might just kill me. Because when you start, you can’t stop. And I don’t think an all pancake menu is what they mean when they say ‘balanced diet’.
These pancakes, are probably the best recipe in my repertoire. Fluffy? Pff, no. Every bite just INSTANTLY melts in your mouth. They are the very DEFINITION of delectable, and when you flip them, you can literally see them rise and puff up, so extreme deliciousness is guaranteed! My mom eats stacks at a time, and then licks the maple syrup off the plate for good measure 🙂
I make them so incredibly often, that it’s one of the few recipes that I’ve completely memorised.
It’s the absolute best pancake recipe in the world, and you can trust me when I say this, because I’ve run through about 10 failed pancake recipes. Some looked fine, but were flat and chewy. Some tasted okay, but looked like roadkill. And some just headed for the trash as soon as they were made.
But these? There are perfect.
And if you still don’t grasp just how insanely amazing these are, why not follow the recipe below and see for yourself 🥞?
This is not my recipe and I have not developed it. It belongs to Sharon Holt, who submitted it to the AllRecipes YouTube channel. However, the pictures show the results of my own cooking.
- 1 cup all purpose / plain flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp oil
Putting It All Together
- Probably the simplest recipe I’ve ever come across! Firstly, just combine all your dry ingredients together with a whisk.
- Next, simply add in all your wet ingredients and mix the whole batter until there are no lumps of flour left.
- Pour your batter onto a heated griddle or non stick pan, which has been coated with a little butter.
- Flip your pancakes when a good amount of bubbles have formed on the surface of the pancake.
- Top with maple syrup, butter, strawberries, bananas, whatever you’d like, and enjoy!!
Behold, the results!
Notes And Specifications
- I have one little secret that ensures pancake-y success every time. Set your griddle on the stove to heat when you’re done mixing your batter. While the pan heats slowly, the batter gets to sit out for some time. I’ve noticed that this kind of batter rises considerably more, than one which is cooked as soon as it’s put together. I don’t exactly know why, but I think it’s because the baking powder gets a few minutes to activate.
Well that was my recipe for the best pancakes ever! I hope you liked this recipe, and please please please comment down below if you decided to give it a try, or just to let me know what you thought of it!
Thanks for reading, fam!
ThePastryPoet, signing off.