How’s it going, people?
HAHA HOW PERFECT IS THAT MEME IT’S TONY STARK AHHGSDHBDOJWNDON
Anyway, I’m starting this new series on my blog called ‘Cool Facts To Boost Your GK 001’. I know that I’ve told you I don’t like studying and it’s a drag and everything, but the truth is, I really LOVE knowledge. Sure, it is quite tedious to religiously study for school, but I actually really enjoy studying most subjects. When there’s no test or exam coming up, I like to open my chemistry textbook and just go through it. But, aside from studying, I LOVE improving my general knowledge. This came mostly from my dad, who literally knows everything about everything. Seriously, we can’t even go for a walk without him telling us how many bones we have in our ear, or something along those lines. Although it’s annoying sometimes (sorry Papa ahah), it’s truly enlightening. I love being able to just know things, ya know?
As much of a laid-back party person I am, in school, everyone knows me as the one who knows everything about everything. This is not true. However, I am always telling people random facts and my own friends often say “Ugh you’re so smart it’s not even human” in the condescending tone that actually means “Ugh you’re such a nerd don’t you have anything better to do?”
And you know what?
I don’t really care.
Yes, I like raising my hand and answering the teacher’s questions whenever I can, even if it’s too often for you.
Yes, I like knowing random facts about our world and telling them to people, even if you think I’m a know-it-all.
Yes, I like reading my chemistry textbooks for fun, because it’s interesting, even if you think I never leave my study table.
You can call me nerd all you want. You can pass fake comments (“OMG you know like, everything, I SWEAR) all you want.
Because the thing is, general knowledge is one of the best assets you could have. I would much rather spout facts 24/7, than pretend not to care about my grades and then spend 7 hours studying continuously.
And honestly, we need to get rid of these damn labels. “Nerd” or “Diva” or “Jock” can’t define you. No one can be just ONE thing, either smart or outgoing or whatever. I like knowing things, but I also love partying with my family. I love putting effort into my schoolwork, but I also love playing football with my friends. I gossip, I play, I study, I read, I write, I dance.
And if you don’t like it, you’re most welcome to leave anytime you want.
Now that I’ve completed my rant, here are ten cool things you probably did not know!
- Parrots suffer from the same ill effects of obesity, as humans do. Birdies better watch their weight!
- A flock of crows is known as a murder. They must be spending a lotta time behind bars.
- Cherophobia is a fear of fun. You must be thinking of someone right now. Don’t worry, I can keep a secret 😉 .
- The light which reflects off stars, takes millions of light-years to reach us, which means we are seeing a reflection that happened long ago in our past. The night sky is a time machine.
- I love this one: there are more atoms in a glass of water, than there are glasses of water in all of Earth. Chemistry class is over, but you still can’t escape those darn atoms.
- And now, just to put this all in perspective, there are more ways to shuffle a deck of cards, than there are atoms on the Earth! MIND=BLOWN.
- A TI-83 calculator has six times more processing power than the computer that landed Apollo 11 on the moon. Maybe ‘rocket science’ isn’t all that complicated xD.
- Donald Duck comics were once banned in Finland because he doesn’t wear pants. That’s just cold. Did you even consider how Daisy would feel?
- The average time a girl can keep a secret is only 2 days. Well, that’s nothing new.
- The more you think, the more calories you burn. That’s right. Your diets ain’t got nothing on this nerd-power.
That is it for today! I hope you loved this list as much as I did, and I’ll be back with a new ‘Cool Facts To Boost Your GK’ post once a week.
Thanks for reading!
ThePastryPoet, signing off