I feel so important doing an ‘awards’ post.
*blushes and hides in a corner*
I have recently learnt something very shocking: bloggers give each other awards! This is super cool. #TheBlogLife just keeps getting better and better ya know?
So, as I was saying before I was so rudely distracted by well….myself….
I was talking about the blog awards! Yes! Recently, I have been following a lot of other bloggers, because networking is important 🙂 . Also, I don’t really have any other means of catching up with what goes on in the blogging community because I choose not to have any social media accounts. That, and my mom says no.
I love reading other people’s blogs! It’s so enlightening. While I was doing just this, a few days ago, I stumbled upon a ‘Real Neat Blog Award’ post on the blog BeaFree. Bea Freitas from BeaFree is a lovely woman who has an amazing lifestyle blog(at least I think it’s a lifestyle blog, please correct me if i’m wrong, someone?). She deserves the horde of loyal followers she has gained, and, if she wasn’t already great enough, she replies to every single comment! I love people who do that.
It is thanks to her that I am able to publish this post, because she nominated ALL of her readers. Usually there is a set number of people that a blogger can nominate for an award, but Bea managed to cheekily evade the rules, thus giving a whole bunch of people the chance to participate! See, she’s great. You should go check her out, she writes amazing posts. Thank you so much again Bea!
RULES, IN THIS CASE ARE NOT MEANT TO BE BROKEN. HERE THEY ARE:
- Thank and link to the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions you have been asked.
- Nominate seven more bloggers for the award.
- Create seven questions for your nominees.
BEA’S QUESTIONS FOR ME:
1. For you, what is the best time of day?
Without a doubt, morning. Everybody who knows me well, knows that I adore the brightness and vibes of morning-time. It makes me feel awake and energised, and I love love love sunlight. Afternoon’s okay too, but it makes me feel even lazier than usual. I really don’t like night-time. I despise darkness and the creepy silence that it comes with. Also, I hate how the night signals the end of a day, especially when it’s a fun day. I might be at a sleepover, when I look outside and the blackness seems to be saying “That’s right, kid, only a few hours left and then you gotta go back to your normal, boring life.”
2. Are you a planned and organized person, or a bit chaotic and disorganised?
Another complete no-brainer. DEFINITELY planned and organized. I make lists, schedules and routines for just about everything, I can’t tolerate mess, anywhere, and average or less-than-perfect impromptu work has to be the easiest way to irritate me. I like to have everything ready beforehand, from picking a college to what I’ll wear to an event. In this (and most) ways, I am completely like my dad. Yet somehow, he is always the first one to suggest a spontaneous and bound-to-be-wild family party. Funny how life works.
3. Do you prefer silence or constant noise?
Constant noise. Sometimes, when I’m reading or doing something that doesn’t involve making sounds, I turn on the TV and let it play randomly in the background because silence gives me the willies.
4. Do you have a quick go-to meal you enjoy eating on really busy days? If so, what is it?
Nope. I eat just about anything I can find, bonus points if it’s unhealthy and free of vegetables. I’m all about keeping in shape and eating nutritious food, you know.
5. Do you prefer to eat out or cook food yourself?
Well, I LOVE cooking (if I didn’t, that would be a small problem for an aspiring pastry chef), but I suffer from extreme-laziness syndrome (it’s hereditary), so I’ll go with eat out. Plus, my family is all out exploring new restaurants and cuisines. My mom wouldn’t go two days without sushi.
6. What is your ideal dream job?
I want to be a successful author, or a professional pastry chef, maybe both. I changed my mind really often when I was a kid (after I watched Jurassic Park, I spent half an hour in the garden looking for bones with my bestie, then we gave up and she started called me ‘goldie’), but these two have been constant. I stopped being indecisive when my friend’s little brother told me he wanted to be an astronaut, a footballer, and an archaeologist at the same time. He threw a stone at me when I told him it wouldn’t work.
7. How far do you want your blog to go?
I’ve never thought about making my blog commercial, but I do have a goal of reaching 10,000 followers one day. That would be great 🙂 .
MY TURN! I ASK YOU:
- If you were a dessert, which one do you think you would be? Why?
- What do you like most about blogging?
- In high-school, were you the teacher’s pet, the in-between one, or the rebel back-bencher? Pick the one you think you were most like.
- Forgive me, I know this is hard. Ramen or Sushi?
- Which stereotype about women is the most outrageous to you? Boys, this is for you too. You don’t have to BE a girl to have an opinion about them (although, if it’s a bad opinion, you should probably try being one of us first)
- Who is your idol? By all means, this can be a fictional character.
- Which season is your favourite, and why? The weather seasons, not the TV show ones
I CHOOSE TO NOMINATE:
Anyone and everyone who’s reading this! I pulled a Bea. But I really think anyone who is brave enough to put themselves out there on the internet, deserves to have a shot at winning this award.
I had a blast answering Bea’s questions, they were so awesome! Once again, please show her some love and follow her by clicking here 🙂 .
If you choose to participate, please tag me (#thepastrypoet) so that I can see your answers!
Please let me know if you can relate to any of my answers, or what you thought about the questions I asked in the comments section below 🙂
Be back soon.
ThePastryPoet, signing off.